Our mission is help people press pause on a busy world. Our range of products are designed make regular bathing, soaking and plunging accessible to as possible.
In the past 18 months we've spoken to over 1,000 Kiwis and Australians about their ultimate intentions when it comes to adding new backyard and outdoor amenities. The feedback is overwhelming, with priorities being:
- highest quality materials (wood and electrical)
- simple and elegant aesthetics - unique to their needs
- at a competitive price
To help in this pursuit we proudly carry the widest selection and range of wood-fired and electric barrel saunas and hot tubs in New Zealand and Australia. All of our products arrive in a crate, pre-cut, and ready for easy self assembly.
- We work with wood suppliers and manufacturers directly to ensure the highest grade western red cedar
- All of our sauna heaters are made in Finland and Estonia (the home of traditional sauna culture)
- We use SpaNet components in our electric hot tubs - Australasia's largest spa pool supply company
A new sauna or hot tub is a big investment you're making and one that will last a lifetime — don't settle for anything less than the right product for your property.
We deliver throughout New Zealand and Australia, so no matter how wild your dream is, we'll deliver and help you make it happen.
Will - Cofounder: A Kiwi & Canadian (Kiwinadian) he splits his time between the mountains of Whistler and the rolling hills of the mighty Waikato. Will was a near daily user of a traditional sauna at his local gym until 2020 - then we all locked down. As the world unfolded he began researching how to build an at home sauna he settled on a Western Red Cedar Barrel. After looking into various designs and came the to conclusion that spending 400+ hours building one from scratch wasn’t a feasible (practically and economically). This is where he spoke with Donny, who was just releasing a new line of saunas to accompany his wood fired hot tubs up in Canada. With a common interest interest of providing simple and elegant products the two decided to partner on building Cedar Spring Recreation rather than set up a wholesale arrangement (which ultimately drives customer prices up as much as 75% for the exact same product).
Day-to-day Will focuses on growing our New Zealand customer base, forming wholesale partnerships throughout Australia & New Zealand with retail outles looking to carry our products in their stores as well as growing our team. Will is also leading the product development on our range of cold plunge and ice bath products launching in 2023.
Donny - Cofounder: The original product mastermind, Donny started this all years ago with a single product: a wood fired hot tub. Since then he’s gone on to develop and introduce three more lines, dozens of new products and forge many major partnerships with large companies like Harvia, Saunum, Balboa, and many others.
Day-to-day Donny helps out with our aftersales team as well as jumping into the odd support call should any customers have questions during their build.
Sam - HR & Development: Our resident Australian, Sam helps craft our online communications, assists with online customer conversations and is building out our employee training and development programme to help onboard our growing team on both sides of the ditch.
You?: Interested in joining our team? We're growing in both New Zealand & Australia - you can take a look at our current vacancies or submit a general interest here.
Why Cedar Spring Recreation vs The Others
1. Highest Quality: we're the only New Zealand company who work directly with our Canadian suppliers as partners. This gives us preferential access and manufacturer direct pricing. We absolutely offer the highest quality wood products at the most reasonable prices (we don't settle for cheap knotty cedar)
2. Simple Aesthetics: when building your own personal paradise the look and feel of your new hot tub, sauna or geodesic dome is critical. This is why we've hand selected our range of simple and beautiful products. We believe in your power of choice rather than telling you what you want. For example some people love the aesthetics of sauna porch while others want the additional internal room; similarly some prefer a traditional wood fired cedar tub and others prefer the ease of an electrified version. Do what you want, not what you're told!
3. Unique Range: we proudly carry the widest range of saunas, hot tubs, and glamping geodesic domes in New Zealand. Whether on-grid and electrified or off-grid, don't settle for anything less than the exact model, style and size.
4. Industry leading knowledge: beyond assisting home owners achieve their backyard goals we’ve also helped to kit out major commercial outfits like retreats, spas, gyms and camps. We are also partnering with many of the large glamping sites on both sides of the Tasman. Whatever you’re dreaming up we have probably already helped happen already.
5. Customer support network: we’ve built a customer support team and process to help you get the most out of your. Prior to purchase through to completing your kit build we’re only a phone call away. Beyond this all our products arrive with virtually everything you need, easy installation guides and, of course, if building isn’t your thing, we have contractors available for hire in many regions around New Zealand.