Wim Hof, cold therapy, regular sauna use and your health.
Recently New Zealand sports scientist and bio-hacker Nigel Beach was on Newstalk ZB's Mike Hosking Breakfast to discuss cold therapy among other things.
Nigel is well known in the New Zealand cold plunge area, being an official Wim Hof Method New Zealand Instructor.
In this segment Mike Hosking and Nigel Beach break down cold therapies, physiological stress and regular sauna use.
We interestingly learned that Mike Hosking is a daily, traditional Finnish Sauna, user.
As they discussed this Nigel broke down the many benefits of regular sauna use exceptionally well.
Here were some of his key points from a 20 year long study on Finnish men regularly using a sauna at least 4x per week:
- chance of death from any cause decreased by 40%
- chance of death from cardiovascular disease decreased 50%
- risk of Alzheimers decreased 66%
- every time you sauna finish on cold (even just a simple cold shower or quick plunge for 60 seconds)
- as you get used to sauna temperatures look to increase the temp progressively over time
The link to the full interview is shared above, we encourage you to have a listen.
Stay tuned for some new cold plunge products coming out soon! In the meantime, you can always reach out to our team to talk cold plunge products.
You can get more information on Nigel Beach at: nigelbeach.com