Cedar Hot Tub - Electric Heater - Custom Sizes
CLASSIC CEDAR HOT TUB REIMAGINED
Enjoy the authenticity of a traditional cedar hot tub with the convenience of an electric heater. If you're after fancy cup holders, speakers, lights and jets - this probably isn't the right spa pool for you. Our cedar tubs help you press pause on the day and take a break from the 'always on' world we live in today.
Don't hesitate to contact us directly for more information on shipping and lead times. You can also call us NZ: (09) 886-5691 / Aus: +64-9-886-5691.
MADE FROM CANADIAN WESTERN RED CEDAR
Our Electric Cedar Hot Tubs are made of Canadian Western Red Cedar which is a close cousin to the traditional cypress wood used in Japan for traditional Japanese Onsen Baths.
Red Cedar has the distinct advantage of being naturally resilient to decay and bacteria. It also is known for its high insulating value.
The pleasant aromatherapy of cedar heightens the experience! Our hot tubs use an architectural stainless steel strap system which allows the spas to naturally expand and contract with out worrying about the wood splitting.
HOT TUB SPECIFICATIONS
- Capacity & Sizes built customer (e.g. 6 or 8 person)
- Made with Canadian Clear Red Cedar
- 38mm thick walls
- Grade-A Red Cedar benches
- 100% Virgin Vinyl spa liner included
- Rust-resistant stainless-steel bands
- Stainless-steel drain in bottom
- Easy self assembly at home (allow approximately 3 hours for assembly)
- 100mm thick brown vinyl cover
- Packaged in an robust wooden shipping crate
ON-SITE ASSEMBLY PROCESS
All our hot tubs kits are designed with the DIY customer in mind. Customers with basic handy-person skills can assemble the wood hot tub body in 3-4 hours over a two-day period.
- We recommend spreading the assembly over two days to allow the liner "set" overnight before finishing the interior components of the tub.
- A typical install would be 2 hours on Day 1, set the liner overnight and another 2 hours on Day 2.
- In order to assemble the main tub body, you will need a basic set of tools including a level, a measuring tape, a Phillips-head driver drill, a pair of adjustable crescent wrenches, vise grips, and a mallet.
- We also recommend having a ratchet strap on hand to assist with tightening the bands.
For these electric hot tubs, we recommend our customers work with a professional plumber and electrician to set up the water heating and circulation systems.
- More experienced DIY customers have the option to plumb the system themselves, however this is a more challenging and time consuming step.
- Regardless of your skill level, you should always work with a licensed electrician on the electrical connection.
SPA LINER INCLUDED AS STANDARD
Our 100% virgin vinyl hot tub liner is designed specially to fit with a minimal appearance that preserves the rustic and timeless beauty of a cedar tub. There are numerous benefits associated with a vinyl liner.
- Firstly, lined cedar tubs are much easier to clean, sanitize and maintain. The liner eliminates a host of issues like leaking, tannin leaching and wood-rot.
- Liners also make the tub more comfortable to sit in, as there will be no rough edges or splinters.
- Another important benefit of the liner is that it provides the option of adding a layer of high-performance insulation between the liner and wood. The insulation more than doubles the R-value of wood alone, meaning your water will stay warmer much longer.
Our liners are constructed from 100% Virgin Vinyl, custom designed and computer cut for your hot tub. Formulated to fight off mold, mildew, the fading effects of the sunlight, heat and chemicals.
Please note, reflective insulation and insulation tape is not included and should be sourced locally.
The hot tub liner must be used to prevent leaks. Previously, some customers chose to use their hot tub without the liner as they preferred the all-wood aesthetic. Due to a change in our stave design, tubs can no longer be used unlined. Using the tub without a liner will result in leaks.
SHIPPING & TAXES
"Our mission is to help Kiwis turn their backyard into a personal paradise. In a world full of uncertainty, I can guarantee this: there's never been a better time to invest in yourself and your backyard."
Will, Co-Founder, Cedar Spring Recreation